Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

American Apparel are going to be closing stores

American Apparel has announced that it is to close stores and start laying off employees.

 This comes as the company made public the massive losses the company has suffered since 2010.

To the tune of $300 million since 2010.


The company has to cut $30 million in costs in order to stay open. The company are also selling shares in a desperate bid to raise funds to stay trading. Even with the appointment of a new CEO to replace the previous creep, the company are still posting massive losses.


You know what might help? Appreciating that stock is insanely expensive for what it is and reducing costs and lowering the actual price. Just saying. I went into the store for the first time since my boycott and I was horrified at the prices.

I was boycotting AA for years based on a hatred of their advertising campaigns and Dov in general. I went in recently to the Nottingham branch and not only did the staff look as if they were bored -whcih I don't blame - but the store was over packed. I couldn't see anything. It was jammed.

They could have done with removing some rails for breathing space.

I then went to look at a dress which came up as £80. I would have described it as basic. I decided to leave. I have no issues with paying £80 or more for a dress. I once blew hundreds on a McQueen dress and Vivienne Westwood handbag in one go. But I draw the line at paying it for a basic dress that is nothing special. Pitching at hipsters is fine but hipsters have no money! Bikes, beard stuff and Kilner jars cost money to own!

So yeah, reduce the prices and see what happens.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar