Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Beauty of Simplicity

 

Overthinking is a PRISON of your own cursed thoughts – it’s where you get tangled!”

I have found that I may be a little bit of an over-thinker (for those of you that know me, not a shock I am sure!)  For some reason, and that reason is not logical, I seem to make things harder on myself by creating scenarios in my head, telling myself stories and just basically thinking about things that I have no need to think about.

I am sure you can imagine the problems something like this can cause…like, being worried about something that doesn’t even exist (except in my mind), causing my brain to be working overtime which creates exhaustion,  even when I am not aware that it is doing it.  I don’t know about you but logically I realize that this is reducing my productivity, creating stress, irritability and it can even cause lack of motivation.  Changing my thoughts or getting them under control is easier said than done, however, now that I am conscious that I do this, it makes it easier to recognize when things come up for me, so I can not let them take off running by themselves 😉

This thought process can also be something that we do when we think about how we dress and our style.  Have you ever found yourself worrying about what you are going to wear, overthinking it and then just throwing anything on because you don’t have the energy to worry about it.  It can definitely be a vicious cycle where we end up not feeling the best about ourselves because we are not allowing ourselves to take care of ourselves.  Even if you are not a follower of fashion or someone that cares about the latest trends, most of us still care what we look like and (whether we like it or not) it is important what others think about how we look.  So how do we create a space so that we can still look great, and not have to create drama or overthink it at the same time?

Keeping it simple is 100% the answer.  Once you start worrying about adding accessories, the shoes, the bag, whether you should wear a belt, the colors or patterns that suit you, and whether fabrics can be worn together or not it can become waaay too complicated and overwhelming.  So, here’s what I think:  stick to simple pieces, don’t worry about getting fancy, and don’t read too many fashion magazines that might make you feel like you are failing because you aren’t wearing the latest trends.

 

 

My outfit in this post is so simple, yet it’s still ME and classy.  A simple black dress (yes, the sleeves are little bit fancy, but it is just one piece to worry about), a pair of my style of booties,  and that is IT!  Nothing else to think about.

If you ever find yourself becoming overwhelmed by fashion, the first step is don’t try to be someone you are not.  The next step is to not give up, just try something that makes you feel good instead of just throwing in the towel.  Fashion is really there for us to take and make our own, not for us all to be walking around looking the same…because if it was, there would only ever be available one style, one color and one fabric.  Clothes are unique, and they are ours to mold into who WE are, not the other way around.

I honestly believe that the more confident we become in owning who we are, the easier style will come to us, and the better we will feel about ourselves.

My confidence comes from feeling good about how I look, what I accomplish, who I am but most importantly that I am a good person because it makes me feel good to help others.

 



from StyleQueenie.com https://ift.tt/2RFXSgR
via IFTTT

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar