Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Digit-al Dozen Does Decades; Day 2

Ziggy played guitarrrrrr!!!!!

I sang hummed this line mani times while painting my nails for Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen does decades!  When googling the 70's for this challenge, David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust images came up quite often.  Then, David Bowie was trending on FB this weekend on what would have been his birthday (January 8th; same as Elvis!) and today being the anniversary of his death, I knew that a David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust mani was in order!  I didn't do it in the colours of the era but more so kinda like a galaxy background to go with the whole extraterrestrial persona (not very successfully!); here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Opal Lagoon, no top coat.


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.

After letting my nails dry for about 15 minutes, sponged on Beyond Polish Peony, Dare to Wear Butterflies, FingerPaints Be Still My Beatnik He-Art and OPI Suzi Without a Paddle.  Dabbed a little Parrot Polish White Gold here and there for some sparkle interest.


Topped with KbShimmer Clearly on Top.

I made a couple Ziggy Stardust stamper decals using an image from Creative Shop 29; they are both shrunk using the UC Luxe stamper; the one on the left was shrunk twice; the one of the right, once.  Filled them in with silver metallic acrylic paint. Because I didn't want black stars, I used pure acetone and removed them off the stamper head.


I used the double shrunk image on my largest nail and it still barely fit!  After placing it, I added stars from the same image with a clear stamper for placement.  The rest of the images are from MoYou Roxy Collection-09 using FunkyFingers Gesso.

The placement of this image is a little awkward as I had to place it on the diagonal to fit and I don't think he's that obvious in all the shots but he is kinda cool so here's a solo pix!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.



Here's the other ladies Day 2 decades mani's!




Thanks for looking!

P.S:  For all those David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust aficianados, I know enough about Ziggy Stardust that the thumb may not be accurate so have taken some space artistic liberties here for interest!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar