Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

SELECTION: My Favorite Eye Shadows

 I love eyeshadow.

In recent years, I have moved on from a lipstick person to an eye shadow person. I have hundreds of them. Not just for my kit but for my own personal use too. There are clear favorites in my personal kit though. Ones that I would buy over and over again.

Here are some of my loves.

MAC Embark
Clearly there are hundreds of MAC brown shades and I am not going to use up a post on all of the usual suspects. But Embark is different. It's the darkest brown (I think) that MAC offer. Its a matte finish so using it across the lid is awkward but once you pop a bit of it into the edges of a smokey eye? Perfect. Not to mention that for darker haired ladies, this makes a wonderful eye brow shade because its matte. No one wants a disco glittery eye brow. Well, not on Friday morning anyway!
 You can buy this in pan form for the palettes or as a pot. The pans are cheaper to purchase.
 Believe it or not but I have actually contoured darker skin tones with this product too.
 MAC Vintage Selection Pro Longwear Paint Pot.
I know there are going to be people who are shocked by my choice of colors. I am still a mad color girl at heart but occasionally, a girl needs an off day! I sometimes need to slap a thing on and know that it isn't going to move or cause any distress.
This is what the paint pots were made for. They make wonderful every day shadows that don't crease but also, work well with powders so you can use them in a smokey eye or as a primer underneath. In fact, this is the best primer I have come across for smokey eyes. Vintage is a lovely sparkly nude pink shade for my skin tone (NC15) and it gives a little color with nothing too outrageous. I love using this across the lid with a tiny touch of wedge in the crease for an everyday look. (MAC - wedge eye shadow)
 Sugarpill Bulletproof eye shadow.
Sugarpill is THE best eye shadow brand for those who are in the know about indie make up brands. I love them. Difficult but not impossible to find in the UK. Tilt in London stocks the brand but also, so do Cyberdog in Manchester and London. Although Tilt has the better selection.
Sugarpill do lots of products now including lashes and nail varnish but their best product it is their eye shadows. This is the darkest black I have ever worked with. It is miles better then the Urban Decay or MAC counterparts. I love it. I use it in smokey eyes, as a base for black glitter eyes or simply a bit near the lash line to darken the lashes.
 MAC Deep Damson eye shadow
Again, this is in pan or pot format and is incredible. I don't suggest using this all over the lid as it is very matte to do that with. However, a small bit into the crease of the eye makes a look really pop and adds a gorgeous layer of depth. I've brought this into all of my friend's lives as I really rate it. In fact, I think this is one of my top five MAC shadows of which I have about four of them.
 NARS Night Flight Eye shadow
This has been my go to evening shadow since 2010. I was gifted by NARS with one to play with. They gave me a palette with six shadows and created a life long love of their products in the process. I fell in love with three of the shadows in the palette. Night Flight might look like an odd choice in that it is navy with an intense glitter that doesn't show properly in any photographs. However, getting it to show up as navy on the skin is a bother. It comes out a smokey dark navy black shade. Its gorgeous. Completely gorgeous. I can also throw this into a smokey eye to create a depth too. I love it. As I said, go to evening shade. In fact, if my eye is a bit 'Wednesday basic' then I know I can jazz it up with no real effort involved by simply adding a bit of this shade.
 Bobbi Brown Toast eyeshadow.
This is the business. It is very close to MAC's wedge shade which I mentioned earlier. However, I seem to prefer the Bobbi shade as its that touch darker without being too dark. I use this on my brows when my hair color is blonde. It's a matte enough finish so I can use it for that. I've also contoured with it as well. It's warm but not too warm and just the right depth.
You can buy this in pan form which has the refill clipped in. You just snap it out of the packaging. It's a great everyday shade to use. I've raved about this for years on this blog.
 NARS Ondine Eyeshadow.
This is another from that palette that I love. I cannot find the exact copy of the one I have. Although this matches the description of the one I am wearing (literally right now wearing) it isn't the same color. This is more pink and mine is more purple. Although it comes out as a smokey grey pink glittery shade on my skin. I love it. It's a nice everyday or basic make up shade with is really ease to swipe across the lid. Its no muss no fuss shadow.
NARS Surabaya Eye Shadow
This refers to the darker brown in the above palette. I don't know if I can get a single pot of it. I hope so because I don't know what is going to happen once my palette runs out. I haven't hit pan yet but I am threatening to any day now!!!  This is a perfect crease color. Not only that but it can be used across the lid as a darker grunge eye look. The small amount of shimmer and glitter in the shadow means that it spreads easily and can be buffed out beautifully.  This is one of my top five shadows.


In case anyone is wondering, this is my old NARS palette:
I found someone who has it! I would sell my soul to get this again. I don't really use either of the white shades here or the orange though. I find Bohemian Gold is not strong enough for an impact and cannot be used as a crease color either because its too metallic. Not to mention Kilimanjaro which is the cream color on top is too yellow to be used as a skin/brow highlighter! It's worth it for those three of my favorite shades together though.

SIGH!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar