Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fire and Smoke Update

Thank you to all of you who have left supportive comments on my last post.  It means so much to us.  Kristi and the boys visited their house to bring more things over here yesterday and then last evening I drove Dayle, Travis and Kristi to the house to get more things which we packed into my car and the other cars and they each drove a vehicle over here.  Our son Shawn and grandson Michael also have 2 trucks here.  You would not believe how smoky it was over there and this is what it looks like here right now.  When I went out to take this photo the smell of smoke was like sitting around a campfire.


I just heard on the news that Portland has the worst air quality in the world now.  :-(  Rumors abound on how the fires started.  I have my own theory which I will keep to myself.  


I got a new tablecloth as my other Autumn cloth was way too long as I got it for our Thanksgiving dinners when we had all 5 leaves in the table.  This is a hand block print, 100% cotton.

Our first tomato to turn red without the skin bursting.  This beauty will be used on our luncheon sandwich.  :-)

The kid's dog, Australian Shepherd named Ozzie, is getting used to being here instead of his house.  Mocha is being kind of protective of us which causes some strife but by and large they are doing well.

We are still enjoying bouquets of Dahlias and roses and I light the little lantern in the evenings to cheer us up.


Dayle had his 2nd eye surgery on Wednesday.  He is amazed at how much better he can see and is even being able to read without glasses better.  My eye surgery is next Friday, Kristi is driving me in and home.  I have not shared this with you yet but Dayle is going to have iodine radiation treatment next week, 3 days of it, to try to rid his body of any thyroid cancer cells.  He will be in isolation from the family because if he was near any of us it could kill our thyroids!  He will be staying in our travel trailer for a week or more.  Could we possibly have more stresses?  I hope you and your family are well.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar