Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Luxo Jr. Heads to Court


One of the first ever Pixar shorts of all time (and still one of the most popular) is Luxo Jr. I am sure you've seen it, and I love it. But, poor Luxo Jr. is now finding himself in a courtroom battling the Luxo company.

Why? Pixar has always had a Luxo lamp as its logo, right? Why should Luxo sue Disney now? Well, the reason is that Disney is releasing a new product, a limited edition replica of Luxo Jr. coupled with the Up Blu-ray, and the Luxo company doesn't like Disney making money off of its product.

Luxo and the animation company have had a long standing agreement, which, according to the Norway-based lamp company, does not include the manufacturing of actual goods with the Luxo name.

I think that Luxo doesn't care whatsoever about Disney making the lamps, and just found this as an opportunity to make some cash. What I'd do if I were Disney is just buy up the Luxo company. They just bought Marvel for $4 billion, and I'm sure Disney could afford a lamp company.

Source: Bloomberg

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar